Impact & Strategic Partners
Since its establishment in 1975, Voice of Calvary Ministries has been a force of good in serving persons and communities of low-to-moderate income:
- Since March 2018, VOCM has assisted more than 50 families obtain/retain rental housing to eliminate and avoid homelessness; more than 100 people in pipeline who need assistance
- We distribute food to more than 70 families on a monthly basis
- Served more than 1500 veterans and their families from 2014 – 2017 through the Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF)
“Soldier On and Voice of Calvary Ministries partnered to facilitate access to services and benefits of veterans in 76 counties in Mississippi through a Supportive Services for Veteran Families Grant” Jack Downing, CEO Soldier On
- Served more than 3000 youth since we opened our doors
- Incarcerated Veterans Program – VOCM has worked with more than 45 incarcerated veterans to effect their successful reentry into society without recidivism.
- Created more than 37 new homeowners through the NSP program while adding $1,000s of revenue to Hinds County
Fulfilling Voice of Calvary Ministries’ mission to rebuild lives and communities is not done independently. We work with partners and collaborators to provide social, economic, and physical/health services to individuals and families transitioning to self-sufficiency and stability.
The following list contains the strategic partners/collaborators we work with to achieve our collective missions to serve the underserved and low-income residents and communities. These partners provide free labor, supplies and other services needed by the clients we serve in our efforts to assist them in their transition to stability and self-sufficiency.
- Hinds Behavioral Health Region IX
- Hinds Community College
- Home Depot
- Imagine Mississippi
- Jackson Medical Mall Foundation
- Mississippi Food Network
- National League of Cities
- Owens Corning
- Prosperity Center of Greater Jackson
- Purple Heart Homes
- Watkins Construction Company
- West Jackson Alliance
- Working Together Jackson